Website Design & BuildIn Norfolk
From small business owners to medium-scale organizations, I offer website packages to help you create a fast, mobile-friendly website that looks great, are accessible and is easy to use. With my expertise and years of experience, I strive to help you build an effective website that meets your needs.
There are two main types of website available, the first type of website is a static site, which means that the content of the pages do not change and these don't have a blog or news section. I use either opens in a new windowGridsome or opens in a new window Eleventy for building these.
The second type of website is a CMS (Content Management System) based site, these allow the content (images, wording etc.) to be changed via an internet-based control panel. A CMS based website can easily accommodate one or two blog or news section.
The CMS based websites I build are usually based on opens in a new windowKirby CMS or for simpler websites opens in a new windowEleventy and opens in a new windowNetlify CMS
The Eccomerce websites I build are based on opens in a new windowSnipcart, this lets you sell physical products all over the world. Shipping, inventory and discount features help you manage orders even from a mobile phone.
The beauty of using a ready built solution such as Snipcart is that it takes away any security and money handling issues from you the website owner, Snipcart handle all the security side of any transaction.
Why use Kirby CMS?
You may ask why I chose to use a relatively unheard of CMS system in Kirby rather than WordPress, Drupal or Jumla, the reasons are:-
- It is very easy to integrate into an existing static website, it adds nothing to the code, keeping it very clean and fast.
- It is well supported and has a very good community around it.
- It is very easy for clients to use the control panel with its simple structure.
- It results in websites that are fast to load.
- It is constantly being developed and improved, with regular updates being very easy to install.
- It is a flat file CMS, which means it doesn't require a database to setup and maintain.
- It requires no special hosting environment.
- It can run for many years without updates.
- WordPress based websites are the most hacked websites out there, so I won't build with it.
What's included in my website packages
As standard all websites I build will include:-
- A Privacy-policy page or privacy modal for single page websites, as it's a requirement of GDPR.
- 404 error page.
- Clickable phone and email links
- All websites using my hosting will automatically be secure (https)
- A choice of Google Fonts
- A choice of colours
But How Much Will A Website Cost?
This is like the typical 'how long is a piece of string question?'. Factors include whether a CMS is required, how many pages are needed, whether a contact form is needed etc.
I can say a one page website can start from as low as £250 excluding hosting and then prices increase from that depending on the complexity of the website.
If you have some idea of what you would like then please contact me and we can discuss what would be the best solution for you, I can then give you a cost.
I offer labour packs for websites that I have built, these can be purchased in blocks of five hours. Once purchased the hours can be used as necessary, for maintenance, updates or just general site improvements and tweaks.
Before any work is started I will give a time allowance to any particular job.