Hosting on Netlify
by Will Moody
Approximate Reading Time: 1 minute
I built a small website for my wife's Foot Health business, For Fabulous Feet. We needed to keep costs to a minimum as it's a small business.
The site was built using Gridsome and I decided to try hosting on Netlify. This works really well as we already owned the domain name which is kept at Clook.
The process was very easy and quick to set up.
- 1. Build the site locally.
- 2. Create and upload to a Github repository, I use Github Desktop for this.
- 3. Create a Netlify account and log-in.
- 4. Create a new site from Git
- 5. Select your Github repository and let the magic happen.
- 6. Your site will be built and given a nelify.app domain name.
- 7. Go to domain settings and add your domain name, this will then give you DNS values to change at your host.
- 8. All done.
Form processing can be completed by Netlify if you wish, the documentation is easy to follow.
All in all, a very simple and cheap way to host a website.